Xena

Xena
Taking a break from puppy land

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Xena's Tracking

I know it has been some time that I have posted anything about Xena and her training. We have been working on her tracking. She is doing absolutely wonderful. She loves to have her nose to the ground. We are laying longer tracks for her and she just can't seem to get enough. I am allowing her to be a puppy and making her training fun for her. I believe that you can have a Schutzhund trained dog and a house pet at the same time. I got Xena initially to train her for home protection but she is showing me that she can do anything she puts her mind to. She is excelling at everything we have thrown in front of her. We are finding that Xena is NOT sleeve driven. She will go after your arm regardless if you are wearing a sleeve or not. Kind of helpful when that attacker comes into our home and he is not wearing a sleeve. LOL. She is still very much a puppy and am staying away from tugging games until she stops teething. We don't want to discourage her bite work.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no foul language and no negativity. Feel free to leave your posts. I will not tolerate any fighting and will delete posts that seem to go that way. Other than that please enjoy my blog of Xena doing what she loves to do....work...and don't forget to give props to her trainer Mr. Steve Williams of Milton K9 Academy.